I finally finished The Beast yesterday, the latest Black Dagger Brotherhood book. The Beast is the Rhage’s second book in the series and to celebrate him and his mate Mary, I decided to bake something. Rhage is famous for his appetite (for food and other things…) and he does love everything sweet so caramel brownies it is.
4 eggs 2 dl double cream
3 dl caster sugar 2 dl caster sugar
150 melted butter 1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp vanilla powder 1 tsp butter
5 dl wheat flour
1 tbs baking powder
2 dl milk
3 tbs cocoa powder
1. For the brownies use electric mixer and whisk the eggs with sugar into cream colored, thick foam. Preheat the oven to 200 ‘C
2. Add the melted butter and vanilla.
3. Mix the wheat flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Add the mixture into the batter in turns with milk while whisking the batter.
4. Line a baking tin with baking paper and pour the batter into it. Spread the batter with spatula and bake it for 15-20 minutes.
5. For the caramel use a non-stick pan. Mix the sugar with the cream. Bring the mixture to boil and let it simmer (mix it every now and then) until it thickens and turns light brown. You can test if the caramel is ready by dropping few drops onto a cold plate. If it solidifies and you can roll it onto a ball, it is ready.
6. Add the vanilla powder and butter, mix the caramel and let it cool for few minutes.
7. Lift the brownies out of the tin with the help of the baking paper. Spread the caramel on top and add sprinkles. Let it settle and enjoy!