This post has three recipes, that are needed when preparing my dish for the Fall Back Skyward by Autumn Gray. Which by the way, was a beautiful story.
5 dl water
1 dl milk
11 g dry yeast
2 tbs maple syrup
1,5 tsp salt
10-13 dl wheat flour
1. Warm the water in kettle, so that when you add the milk, it’s the right temperature (about 42 ‘C) for the yeast. Take a large bowl, add 1 dl water-milk mixture and whisk the yeast into it. Then add the salt and maple syrup and whisk until everything is dissolved.
2. Add the rest of the milk and gradually the wheat flour until you have the consistency of soft bread dough. Cover the dough with tea towel and set aside to raise for 1,5 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 240 ‘C. Dust the table with flour and pour the dough onto it. Toss it around couple of times, do not knead! Carefully roll the dough, so that you can cut it into five equal size pieces with a knife.
4. Bake the rolls for about 20 minutes. From this dough you can also make about 15 normal size rolls, baking time for them is about 15 minutes.
1 tbs apple vinegar
pinch of salt
2-3 dl canola oil
1 tsp smoked paprika powder
pinch of hot chili powder
1 red bell pepper
1.Take a bowl and make sure, that all ingredients are at roomtemperature. Mix together yolks, vinegar and salt with electric mixer.
2. Add oil first in drops mixing it all the time. When the mayonnaise starts to thicken, add the oil in thin stream mixing it constantly until you achieve the consistency you want. Be careful not to make it too thick.
3. Add the smoked paprika powder and chili powder.
4. Chop the bell pepper into really fine pieces and add them into the mayonnaise. Set it in the fridge to cool.
2 white onions
25 g butter
1,5 tbs coconut sugar
1 tbs apple vinegar
0,5 tsp soya sauce
1 tbs water
1. Peel the onions and cut them into thin slices.
2. Take a non-stick frying pan. Melt the butter in medium heat and add the onion. Stir until onion gets a little color.
3. Add the coconut sugar and stir well. Add the apple vinegar and soya sauce and cook until almost all the liquid is vaporated. Add the water and lower the heat. Cook until the onions are soft and sticky.