These are the perfect hamburger buns and I made them for my next blogpost; Carrie Ann Ryan’s Ink Enduring.
This dough is best made with kitchen machine with dough hook attachment.
1. Warm the water-milk mixture to lukewarm. Then add the dry yeast and maple syrup. Whisk it thoroughly and let it bubble for about five minutes.
2. Melt the butter. Break the eggs in the another bowl and stri them with a fork.
3. Put the mixture in the kitchen machine, middle speed. Mix the flour and salt together. Add half of it to the liquids. Then add the melted butter and olive oil and the eggs. Add the rest of the flour. Let the machine knead the dough for five minutes.
4. Set the dough aside and cover it with tea towel. Let it rise for 2 hours.
5. Dust the counter with flour and pour the dough onto it. Don’t knead the dough. Divide it to 16 pieces and very gently roll them into buns. Set them on a baking tray, cover them with a tee towel and let them rise for an hour.
6. Heat the oven to 200’C and set a dish with water on the bottom. Brush the buns with egg-water mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake them for about 15 minutes.