To celebrate the beginning of my two weeks of summer holiday, I decided to bake a cake. And since the Finnish forests are now full of blueberries and rasberries, berries shall be in the cake too.
150 g butter
0,5 dl coconut sugar
1 tsp ground cardamom
2 tbs water
3,5 dl wheat flour
500 g quark
1,5 dl caster sugar
1 dl coconut milk powder
2 dl water
2 tbs potato flour
0.5 tsp vanilla powder
juice of half a lemon
5 dl fresh rasberries
1. Mix the soft butter and coconut sugar with electric mixer. While mixing, add the egg and cardamom.
2. Add the flour and water into the mixture and quickly mix them into a soft batter.
3. Take a spring form (24-26 cm diameter), add baking sheet on bottom and lightly grease the rim.
4. With help of flour, press the batter on the bottom and rim of the form with your fingers.
5. Take a bowl and add the quark, sugar, coconut milk powder and water. Whisk them thoroughly.
6. Add potato flour and vanilla powder. Blend and add the eggs.
7. Squeeze the lemon juice into the mixture and blend until smooth.
8. Finally fold in the rasberries. Pour the mixture into the spring form and bake the cake at bottom level of you oven in 175 ‘C for about 60-70 minutes.